Welcome to Stevens Intermediate School! Located in Wilmington, Illinois, we serve public school students in second through fifth grades in Wilmington School District 209-U. Here at SIS, we believe in open communication and cooperation between students, parents, staff, and community members. We are extremely proud of our students' success, and we will continue to lead them to greatness both in and out of the classroom.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website. Please take some time to get to know us a little better, catch up on all the latest news, and get more connected to the teachers in the Stevens Intermediate School family. Go Wildcats!
A Message from Our Principal
As the school year winds down it is hard to believe how fast the year went. I hope you enjoy the summer break! Before we close for the year, we have a couple of things to take care of.
Registration: Registration for 2017-2018 is open online. All registration must be done online using a snapcode. Fees are $105.00 per student. Fees are not due until August 3. Please try to have your student(s) registered by the end of May. If you have any questions, please call the office at (815) 926.1689.
End of Year: Please make sure students return all textbooks and library books to the school prior to the last day of attendance. Tentatively, the last day of attendance is on Thursday, May 25 with a 1:50 p.m. dismissal. Send an extra sturdy bag with your student on May 24 to carry home all of their accumulated belongings.
Some important dates:
- May 1-5: Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 2: WE-PTO at 4:00 p.m. at SIS
- May 8: 5th grade band concert at 7:00 p.m. at SIS
- May 10: School board meeting at 7:30 p.m.
- May 12: 5th grade band travels to Bruning
- May 18: 5th grade talent show at 5:30 p.m.
- May 19: 5th grade Step Up Day
- May 22: 4th grade state and capital spelling bee
- May 25: Field/Fun Day
- May 25: Last day of attendance. Dismissal at 1:50 p.m.
- August 3: Fee day from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- August 15: Open house from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- August 17: First day of attendance. Dismissal at 2:50 p.m.